Skin and Hair Analysis
In The MediCosmetic Clinic, we offer Caslite technology for hair analysis. Caslite is the world’s most advanced hair and scalp diagnosis tool, used, tested and trusted by Dermatologists across the globe.
Hair growth is a cyclical process. After completing the growth cycle, the hair falls out naturally and is replaced by the growth of new hair and the process goes on. There are basically 3 cycles that each hair follicle has to go through around 20 times in your life. These 3 phases are :
- ANAGEN: growing phase – The growth will continue for 3 to 7 years. Grows at the rate of half an inch a month.
- CATAGEN: transitional phase – Hair go into a transitional phase of 2-4 weeks before going into the resting phase.
- TELOGEN: resting phase – In the resting phase, lasting for 3 months, the hair slowly fall off and are replaced by new hair.
- There are many factors responsible for hair loss and differ in all individuals. At MediCosmetic Clinic, our specialists offer a thorough diagnosis of the root cause of hair loss:
- Androgenetic alopecia: It is the most common cause of hair loss in both men and women. A potent male hormone known as DihydroTestosterone (DHT) accumulates in your hair follicle and causes it to shrink and thin out through time. Genetics play a very crucial role in deciding whether you are susceptible to this condition.
- Hypothyroidism and other hormonal problems.
- Scalp infections such as dandruff, fungal infections.
- Prolonged illnesses such as typhoid fever, viral fever, after undergoing major surgery, Chemotherapy and some medications – excess of vitamin A.
- Nutritional deficiency of proteins, iron, vitamins.
- Severe stress – emotional or physical.
- Use of substandard hair-care products such as shampoo, dye, hair-gel, etc.
- Unhealthy hair treatments and combing practices including hair-styles perming, straightening