Hair treatments generally refer to any means of managing common hair-related problems such as hair fall, dryness, dandruff, frizzy hair, thinning hair, and so on. The treatments vary in terms of the problem you are suffering from because different ingredients and elements are required to tackle them. These problems can be caused to a variety of reasons such as your lifestyle, dietary habits, the products you already use for your hair, and your natural hair type. They can be treated fairly easily once you have the correct product for your hair. The types of products that can be used for hair treatments range from hair masks, shampoos and conditioners, serums, and hair oils. They are all meant for different problems and, when used appropriately, they have been highly effective. Hair shampoos and conditioners are available in a huge range. Some are designed to add moisture to your hair, while others are designed to take away excess oils. Some can be used to combat dandruff and lice while others can be used to make your hair grow faster. Certain shampoos also help with turning frizzy hair into sleek hair, getting rid of split ends, and adding shine and gloss to dull, lifeless hair. Depending on the problem you are facing, the correct shampoo must be used regularly along with its accompanying conditioner. Hair oil, on the other hand, adds moisture to your hair and helps it grow. However certain types of hair oil, such as tea tree oil or peppermint oil can be used as effective treatments for dandruff and lice as they have antibacterial properties that combat them. Hair masks and serums come in as large a variety as shampoos and can be used to combat specific hair care problems, as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hair and scalp health is very important in order to maintain hair hygiene and quality. A number of factors are responsible for hair loss and damage. They include- environmental issues like pollution and changing weather, genes, illness, too much chemical use and poor blood circulation to the scalp. Excessive stress and a fast lifestyle can also result in hair fall and bad hair quality.
These are the ways in which hair care can be done:
- Protecting your hair:Hair must be protected from the sun, wind and rain as an excess of any of these things is harmful to hair. All these things can damage your scalp thus make your hair rough, thin or damaged. Therefore whenever you go out to cover your hair properly with a hat, umbrella or a cap.
- Regular conditioning:You must condition hair after every wash. Conditioning your hair can help you get rid of frizzy hair.
- Dealing carefully with wet hair:When hair is wet it must be handled with care as it is the time when lots of hair get damaged due to rubbing roughly. It may also damage the roots of the hair thus starting up the breakage. Therefore do not use a hairbrush soon after a shower.
- Do not tie your hair tightly:Tying your hair tightly creates a pull in your hair thus increasing the friction which leads to hair damage.
- Oil your hair regularly:Oiling hair frequently keeps your hair healthy. You should oil your hair at least once a week for getting better shine and soft hair.